Ok, so today I did some research on our new babies and this is what I found out from calling a million vets and bunny rescues. 1. They are NOT wild, their mother is a domestic bunny and my guess is, someone dumped her when she became preggo and didn't want to deal with it...or she got out. Anyways, she found my house and I'm glad she did! 2. They are 4 weeks old, the mother is gone because they can now fend for themselves (she thinks). 3. I know what they eat, what care they need, how to house train them in a litter box! Yeah cool huh! Anyways, I am keeping Cuddles, who I know now is a he...and I'm thinking about keeping either Hippity who is a She and now named Ebony, or Patty Cakes. I have to get them all "fixed" so I'm looking for some kind of rescue that can help us with those costs. They are able to be seperated from each other when they are 6-7 weeks. They are the sweetest baby anything I've ever seen! They come right to me and just want to snuggle! I made them a pin with chicken wire, a huge plastic poster cover (for the bottom) a bathroom rug (so its soft on their feet) and then made them a little "nest" with a basket and towels to snuggle into :) I also went to the feed store and talked to a lady that has raised bunnies for 30 years, I took Cuddles with me :) and she told me all the best things to get for them...SO now we have 5 new babies!
This doesn't happen everyday...actually I've NEVER heard of this happening to anyone ever! But I honestly think that God guided the mother to my yard knowing that we would take these bunnies in and care for and love them. I do need to try and catch the mother, she is in danger...we have coyotes in the field by our house...so if and when she comes back I'm going to take her to the Bunny rescue in Denton.
This is their new home in Damian's room, he LOVES that! I put them right by the window to give them some fresh air! This pen looks smaller than it is...its about 3 1/2 ft long by 2 1/2 feet wide. The Dark cloth is where the basket is burried...they like to be hidden.

This is cuddles when I came in to take some pictures he ran to the side and wanted me to hold him!

I picked him out and wanted to take some pictures but he wanted to be held, so he was trying to climb onto my lap :)

The Babies inside their "Nest"




No comments:
Post a Comment