Sunday, March 8, 2009

BABY BUNNIES!!!!

My intuition was right, our friend Rylie the Bunny was pregnant and she had five adorable little babies! They came out of the nest today to explore and were coming right up to me! So I carefully picked one up and it snuggled right into me! It was terrified of everyone else, but for some reason liked me! I named it Cuddles! After the others saw that Cuddles was getting all of the attention they starting coming around too! So now we have Cuddles, Deuce, Patches, Hippy Hop, and Patty Cakes! The neighbor kids came over to play too! SOOO Fun! Anyways, they are just fine livin in our backyard and since we already have chicken wire around the bottom of the fence in most places they aren't going to get out and get hurt. The mother was no where to be found, but I honestly don't think she abandoned them...I think she comes at night to check on them. So anyways, I PRAY that nothing bad happens to these sweet babies...but I don't want to put them in a cage and take them away from their habitat either...SO I'm calling a vet tomorrow to see what we should and should not do. All I can say is that this is not something you hear about everyday and and we are so blessed that Rylie the mommy, felt our home was a safe place to have her babies!
Here are our sweeties!
This is Patty Cakes:
This is my Cuddles:
This is Patty Cakes and Cuddles:
This is Cuddles again...that one is the most sweet!

This is the Runt, Hippity Hop...this one is mischievious!

Hippity Hop, Patches, and Patty Cakes


This is Deuce, the second one we caught and the second patchy one:


This is Patches, Patty Cakes, and Hippity Hop



My Cuddles:


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash