Friday, February 13, 2009

For Tori...one of my only friends that I know I can always count on!

Ok, just to follow up on my recent post...I love my friend Tori her and I just click in our ways of thinking and when we were talking about this topic she told me that I needed to post what I told her on my blog...so this is for Tori, my very sweet pregnant California native friend!

I guess I didn't pay attention to the california and pro-choice part, I just love how she puts the way that people with Down's syndrome are people that have alot to offer this world and not a burden to their parents the way that many people see it. I agree with you about your views on abortion, "rape, incest, death" and yes, knowing that Matty had DS would have prepared us for the hard times that were to come but I wouldn't take one second of it back for anything.
I think that 80-90% of mothers are aborting their babies when they find out they have DS, is definatly wrong!
I look at my sweet little Matthew's face and I read these things that people say about his condition and it really makes me upset. I worry about him every day, the ways people look at him...sometimes they are very kind and other times they are really mean and look at him like he shouldn't be here. The only people that understand are the ones that have known someone with DS and had the oppertunity to experience their lives. I also read a study about DS families and it said that these families are almost always happier and have a better outlook on their lives, even siblings. I just wish parents would stop thinking they are going to have this perfect baby and everything is going to follow their dream...sometimes it does, but most times it doesn't...whether the child has some kind of deformity, or disease or even grows up to be an alcoholic or getting pregnant at 16...this is life and you take the hard times with the good times, it's how you handle the hard times that defines who you are, there is no practice round in life. Having a child is a gift, a blessing and should be a happy time! I mean seriously does a mother leave her child when they develop autism, or leukemia?!? Noooo, then why abandon all hope for them before they are even born because of an extra chromosone? Just doesn't make sense to me, I imagine parents in a Dr's office finding out their new baby has a serious health issue and just saying. "ok, we give up" and leaving.... it's the same thing to me. But I honestly don't think its all democrats aborting these babies, or only people in Cali...it's everywhere, this is happening around the world! It's actually kinda funny that they want a "normal" child, because Matthew is by far my easiest child! When he was a baby he never really cried or fussed, he was always happy....he gives me at least 20 kisses and hugs a day, even in the car he blows me kisses in the mirror...he is the only one of my kids that will curl up on the couch and snuggle! He's always been that way, Ashlyn used to be when she was very little...and Damian has been way too cool for that since he was 2! I love all three of my kiddos, and they all have such different personalities but I would have ten kids if they were all as lovable and sweet as Matty! I wish all of these expectant parents could meet him, he would change their minds :) I could go on and on about this topic...oh wait I kinda did...sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash