I can't believe January is over already...time just seems to fly by lately.
This month was a pretty slow one for us, no big trips or surgeries, no one getting really sick or anything...was pretty relaxing! We celebrated my birthday on the 21st, Brian and I went to dinner at the Melting Pot, I love that place! I had a very nice birthday! We are now getting the house ready to be put up for sale! Our new home should be finished in April (we hope)...
I really don't have much to tell this month, it's been pretty boring lately ;) I finally went to a Nerologist for my Narcolepsy, it's just one of those things that I don't like to admit that I have problems with... I can deal with it without meds usually, and when I was diagnosed the only med that they had was GHB, Yes the date rape drug! Sooo I deal with the symptoms...I am just really really tired all the time, when you have Narcolepsy when you sleep your brain goes straight into the REM sleep instead of the 5 fazes it's supposed to go into, so basically my body doesn't get the resting faze of sleep and I have VERY real dreams that sometimes I honestly cannot remember if it really happened or not...also when I am just sitting on the couch my brain will switch into REM mode and I will look totally awake but I'm not processing anything that is around me, then someone will ask me something and I am in a dream state for a min and will talk about whatever I was just dreaming about...anyways, this is something that I don't tell people because they think it's pretty funny. So anyways, I went to the Dr and he put me on some new medicine that doesn't have GHB in it and basically just helps me concentrate and remember things. He told me that if an "average" person was to go without sleep for 2 days, that is how if feels all the time to have narcolepsy. So anyways, the medicine helps me alot! I can actually think straight and I don't have to worry about drinking energy drinks to keep myself awake! It's great!
The kids are great! Damian is doing really good in school! He "Mastered" first grade everything except reading :( but we are working on that! He just wants things to always make sense, so he sounds everything out...well that just confuses him even more when everything can't be sounded out...so we are working with him and he is getting better!
Matthew is great, he is seeing his old Speech Therapist and he is doing REALLY well he can sign "more", " go", "Open", "stop" "where is it" and when I tell him I love him he blows me a kiss...I think that counts as a sign :)
Ashlyn is also really good, she is still not walking but getting closer every day! She is definatly a momma's girl, she wants to be right by me all the time! She is into everything and follows Matthew around and helps him get into trouble too! They have officially teamed up on me :) I have the best kids though, I can't complain about anything they do! They are really even-tempered well mannered kids! They always go to bed at the same time with no fuss, they take their naps without any issue, they are almost always happy and sweet! We are truly blessed!
Annat blandat
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment