Well lets just say that May has been a little bit busy this year...it started off with Matthew getting his G-Button surgery, then we found out that he has some serious stomach issues including pancriatitus. Then just a few days later the day before Mother's Day we lost Great-Grandma Margie, she was a huge part of our lives and we will miss her alot! She lived with Brian's mom so we saw her often and she was very close with the kids. On the same day my very close friend tragically lost her only sister in a accident. Our hearts definatly go out to their family and we have tried to be there for them as much as possible.
Then the day of Grandma's funeral Dennis, Brian's step-dad had to go to Colorado to be there for his dad to have heart surgery the next day....well he didn't make it through the surgery and died at the hospital. He left behind his sweet wife Grandma Betty who is very sick herself. As soon as we found out about his passing we were all on our way to Colorado Springs...driving. It wasn't so bad on the way there because we travelled at night, but on the way back it was hard with all three kids. They get really cranky being locked in a carseat for a 13 hour drive!
It was really nice being with Brian's family though, Grandma Betty is such a sweetheart and we all loved spending that priceless time with her! While we were there we took a day and went to Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods. Santa's workshop and just driving around. It was nice being in the mountains again...the crisp air with NO humidity felt sooo good!
We got back just a few days ago and now we are just trying to get everything back to normal, the gas was really expensive so we are actually contemplating how we are going to make it to Utah in June...Brian says it will be ok and we will still be able to make it but I am worried about the kids on a 24 HOUR drive....
While we were there I took a TON of pictures...almost 500. When I came home I put them on my computer like I always do and took the card out to delete them. Well when I went back to the PC there were NO pictures... I grabbed Brian and he couldn't find them either, I was so upset! Then my super hero husband somehow got the pictures back off the card after they were deleted! He is the GREATEST! So MOST of the pictures are back, there were about 100 that were lost :-(
Sooo seems that everything is getting back to normal..I hope. Let's pray that things stay nice and quiet for a looonnnngg time!
Annat blandat
10 years ago



I am glad that you are back home and the craziness is over. I am so sorry about the loss of Margie and Brian's grandfather.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete